CORE Training & Consulting Repair Terms & Conditions
These Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) govern the service of your product by CORE Training & Consulting, LLC. (”CORE”).
AUTHORIZATION: I hereby authorize CORE to evaluate the equipment/software identified on this order to provide a repair estimate. I understand that there is a Seventy-Nine dollars and zero cents ($79.00) diagnostic fee to evaluate equipment which is not under the Original Manufacturer’s (OM) Warranty, including all software repairs, that is payable whether I authorize CORE to service the equipment/software or not. Should I approve the estimate, the diagnostic fee will be applied against the labor cost of the repair.
Terms and Conditions
1. CORE will service your equipment/software as described for the charges shown on the Service Request Order plus any applicable tax. When the service is covered by Apple’s warranty, extended service contract, or consumer warranty law, those terms or applicable law will apply.
2. CORE reserves the right to return the equipment/software without servicing it, and may hold you responsible for the indicated diagnostic fee if the service is required due to failure of non-original parts to the equipment/software or due to damage caused by abuse, misuse, or any external cause.
3. I understand that service may require labor and/or parts not specified on the Work Authorization which may be in excess of the original estimated cost. I understand further that CORE will seek my approval of a revised estimate prior to continuation of the service and repair. I therefore understand and acknowledge that if I do not agree to the revised CORE estimate and charges, CORE reserves the right to return my equipment/software and hold me responsible for any indicated diagnostic fee.
4. CORE, as an Apple Authorized Service Provider may use parts or products provided by Apple, Inc. that are new or equivalent to new in reliability and performance. CORE will return replaced parts to Apple, Inc., who retains the replaced part or product as its property, and the replacement part becomes your property. Replaced parts are generally repairable and are exchanged or repaired by Apple for value. If applicable law requires CORE to return a replaced part to you, you agree to pay CORE the additional cost of the replacement item.
5. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: I AGREE THAT CORE, APPLE, INC., AND ITS AFFILIATES, WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM SERVICES PROVIDED OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR RESTORING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED OR USED WITH YOUR PRODUCT AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON YOUR PRODUCT. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS.
6. I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS AN INHERENT RISK THAT REPAIRS MAY RESULT IN THE LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA AND THAT CORE SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO (i) REPAIR OR REPLACE MY EQUIPMENT/SOFTWARE WITHOUT RISK OF LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, AND (ii) MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA. IF ANY EQUIPMENT/SOFTWARE SHOULD BE DAMAGED OR LOST WHILE IN CORE'S CUSTODY, CORE'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE AFFECTED PRODUCT. OTHERWISE, CORE'S LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGE SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PAYMENTS RECEIVED BY CORE FOR SERVICES PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL BE MY SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR ANY BREACH BY CORE UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
7. I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS AN INHERENT RISK TO THE EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATED WITH THE REPAIRS, AND THAT WHILE CORE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO AVOID DAMAGING MY EQUIPMENT, THERE REMAINS A RISK THAT DAMAGE TO THE EQUIPMENT MAY RESULT. THEREFORE, I AGREE TO HOLD CORE HARMLESS AND TO WAIVE ANY CLAIMS OF LIABILITY WHICH I MAY HAVE FOR DAMAGES RESUILTING TO MY EQUIPMENT CAUSED BY THE REPAIR WHICH ARE NOT DUE TO CORE’S RECKLESS AND WILLFUL ERROR.
8. If you have not claimed your product and paid all charges due within thirty (30) days after being notified by CORE that your equipment/software service is completed, CORE will consider your equipment/software abandoned and may dispose of it in accordance with applicable law.
9. If service involves transferring information or installing software, you represent that you have the legal right to copy the information and agree to the terms of the software license, and you authorize CORE to transfer the information and accept such terms on your behalf in performing the service.
10. WARRANTY REPAIR: Regular hourly rates and fees are applicable if the equipment is under warranty, however if a hardware problem is identified, warranty repair through CORE are covered. Software repairs are NOT covered by warranty. This includes PRAM and NVRAM resets, Operating System reinstalls, Apple application reinstalls. WARRANTY COVERAGE IS SOLELY AT THE DISCRETION OF APPLE ACCORDING TO APPLE, INC.’S LIMITED WARRANTY AND APPLECARE POLICIES. NON-COVERED REPAIRS ARE BILLED AT THE CURRENT NON-WARRANTY RATE.
11. NON-WARRANTY REPAIR: The standard bench fee applies to all non-warranty repairs per service. The customer/company listed on this repair order is responsible for this charge whether or not they pick up the computer. This cost covers a standard charge for CORE’s time in disassembling and diagnosing the computer, but does not necessarily cover all of the costs of the CORE servicing for which the customer may be liable. Apple, Inc. provides a Ninety (90) day warranty for Apple, Inc. parts used in the repair of non-warranty equipment, which CORE will honor.
12. “VINTAGE” REPAIRS: I understand that once Apple, Inc. designates equipment “vintage” Apple, Inc. may no longer supply new replacement parts for the equipment and therefore that CORE may use third-party or “vintage” parts to effectuate my repair. I further understand that repairs to “vintage” equipment carry a greater inherent risk than repairs to non-vintage equipment, which may result in damages to the equipment during repair. THEREFORE: I AUTHORIZE CORE TO ATTEMPT TO REPAIR MY “VINTAGE” EQUIPMENT AND I AGREE TO HOLD CORE HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE TO MY “VINTAGE” EQUIPMENT WHICH MAY RESULT FROM THE REPAIR, AND I AGREE TO WAIVE ANY POTENTIAL CLAIMS WHICH I MAY HAVE AGAINST CORE FOR SUCH DAMAGES.
13. CORE WARRANTY FOR “VINTAGE” REPAIRS: CORE uses third party parts in the repair of “vintage” equipment, which may come with manufacturer’s warranties. Parts with such warranties may be repaired or replaced by CORE at CORE’s sole discretion within One (1) year after the day that CORE returns the equipment. THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED SOLELY TO THOSE PARTS WHICH CORE REPLACED IN THE REPAIR AND THIS SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED TO EXTEND CORE’S LIABILTY TO ANY REPAIRS OR OTHER MALFUNCTIONS AFFECTING YOUR EQUIPMENT/SOFTWARE. FINALLY, THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE FOR THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SOLELY OF THE PARTS WHICH CORE USED IN THE REPAIR, OR FOR THE REFUND OF THE SERVICE FEES, AT THE ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF CORE.
14. SOFTWARE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTOMER: Should any software need to be reinstalled as a result of the repair, CORE will do so at the applicable standard labor rates. Software installation, data backup and data restoration are not included in the repair agreement nor is it covered by AppleCare.
15. OTHER ITEMS: I agree that I am not leaving my power cord or any other accessories unless it is specifically noted on this repair order.
I _______________________________ REPRESENT THAT I HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREED TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED WITHIN THIS DOCUMENT, AND THAT, TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE I HAVE THE FULL AUTHORITY TO BIND MYSELF AND/OR MY ORGANIZATION TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.